28 July 2014

First days FREEBIE!

I still haven't swung into Walmart for my shopping, but I have been working on my "First days" plans! Today I am offering up one of my First Days activities as a freebie.




I use Words Their Way as my spelling program and I can't say enough about it. My children show TREMENDOUS growth every year! I marry WTW word work within my guided reading and writing in response to reading with fantastic results. I will be sharing more about this soon!

This little freebie is a "First Days" activity because it is what I use to model and teach sorting words before my students actually begin their individualized units. Teaching sorting to the class using their names and features keeps the sorting universal and helps me see who can recognize spelling patterns and who may need more direction and instruction when word solving and spelling.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment