08 August 2014

Journals and labels and printing, oh my!

It's getting down to crunch time! I've been printing labels and getting journals together to place on student desks. I color coordinate journals with folders, so students can quickly and easily identify the journals that go with the subject.



I am currently in the process of trying to attach ribbon to use as a placeholder for my students. This is an attempt to avoid the single page turning when we are getting ready for the daily interactive workshop. I have superglue and duck tape, I will let you know how it goes!



Seed Story Stentos!



These little beauties are for my students to collect ideas around school and at home! A string through the spiral top and voila! Instant traveling journal ready for capturing stories hiding around the corner! Gotta LOVE the dollar store! The notepads have a heavy, transparent, plastic cover to protect all those great seed stories! YAY! NO PAPER COVERS! (anyone get the no wire hangers reference? Joan Crawford was really frightening in Mommy Dearest, but I digress) I placed an address label on the bottom of the first page to allow room for a student photo, which I will take that first day of school. I am debating on this though...I may let them illustrate themselves. Guess we will just have to wait and see! 


This is my latest download, available at my TpT store! 
Missing factors are such a tricky concept for most of my students, but who isn't confused by algebra! I created this little booklet to review making numbers and use that knowledge to apply to missing factors! It has improved their understanding of how to apply their number sense to algebra! Great for interactive journals, centers, assessment or homework!  

Includes:

  • Making 10 practice page and reteach page to guide your students
  • Fact cards 1-9 with related word problems for each number
  • Blank cards for journals, centers or new problems
  • Color and blacklines


And Finally...check out the linky party with doodle bugs teaching!

[fiveforfriday2_thumb%255B3%255D%255B5%255D.jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment